WHAT’S new in CoSy this New Year?
- A course director can watch the performance of their candidates via ‘student statistics’ (in ‘session’)
- A course director gets an e-mail through MyERC when a new candidate enrolls
- A list of attendance is now available in MyERC (planned sessions, click session, print register)
- A course director will very soon be able to see and download a list of his/her ‘historic’ instructors and candidates via MyERC (that can be used for group mailings through their own mailing program).
- Any instructor will soon be able to watch the online content of the course he instructs in CoSy via library: Courses. A specific ‘instructor preview’ will be accessible for all instructors and only instructors. Once this is functional, the ‘Demo’ accounts will no longer work.
PLEASE BE AWARE
- Award only the correct certificates for a session. In the manage session list you now see 25 participants, which you can select as a group. However, if more than 25 participants you will still have to pages which you will have to select page per page. In actions, you can always see the number of persons actually selected between brackets. Please be aware that you can only download certificates once they have been awarded.
- Reviewing candidates about their knowledge, skills and performance is done by the course director using their review tab on the left. We will markedly improve this functionality within the coming 6-8 weeks so that this can become a real evaluation tool for the session faculty.
- Keep up your seats level. Seats are deducted the day after the session for all participants at that moment but also for those that were deleted but in the meantime downloaded a manual or used the e-learning materials. If you order 100 seats or more you will get a 2% extra seats for free.
- Each session should be in line with the course rules and thus have sufficient instructors for the number of participants (and Full instructors vs. instructor candidates)
- There is a possibility to send short messages to the candidates of a session by using the message tool in ‘manage session’. Further on, you can mail a participant/instructor individually by clicking on his/her name and then on the little envelope on his profile page. If you want to send mails with attachments, the best way of doing is using the pdf download in MyERC ((planned sessions, click session, export csv) and then use your own mailing program. This gives you the best guarantee of not being blocked by a spamfilter.
- if a course organiser is also full instructor, he or she can just stay in the instructor list as CO. If however a person combines the role of CO and Course Director, he or she will need to one time change his/her instructor type from CO to CD once the session is first saved (edit session, instructors, cursor on your name, click on pencil and change instructor type).
LET YOUR PARTICIPANTS PREPARE THEMSELVES BETTER BY USING COSY. ENTER THEIR EMAIL WHEN REGISTERING THEM FOR A SESSION. THEY ONLY NEED TO REGISTER ONCE (set a password) on My.ERC.edu. AFTER THAT THEY WILL BE ABLE TO LEARN ON THE COSY PLATFORM AS LONG AS THEY ARE CERTIFIED.
Samstag 22. Oktober, 9.30-17.00 ILS
Hier finden Sie die Videos vom ILS Instruktorentag zum nachschauen.
Kids Save Lives
Das European Resuscitation Council (ERC) hat ein Positionspapier zur Schülerausbildung in Wiederbelebung in der Zeitschrift „Resuscitation“ veröffentlicht.
Das ARC wird den Auftrag des ERCs wahrnehmen und forciert als verbindende Organisation die Einrichtung einer Arbeitsgruppe zur Koordination der Einzelinitiativen in Österreich.
ARC - Strategie
Im März hat der ARC mit der Enntwicklung einer gemeinsamen Strategie 2020 für ein zukunftsfähiges Austrian Resuscitation Council unter Rücksichtnahme aktueller Erfordernisse begonnen.
Derzeit arbeiten einige Arbeitsgruppen zur Findung strategischer Ziele auf Basis der festgelegten Themenbereiche, welche im Herbst 2016 zu einer Strategie für die kommenden Jahre zusammengeführt werden soll.
Resuscitation 2016 is being held one year after publication of the 2015 Guidelines. How should these new guidelines best be implemented?
How can we teach Europe?
Scientific knowledge serves no purpose if education fails. Whilst the 2015 Congress in Prague focused on the science of resuscitation, this congress will deal with the educational aspects.
This will be an ideal opportunity for delegates to interact with an international faculty of experts, and contribute towards developing new educational approaches to resuscitation training.